Hydroboost question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I’m installing hydroboost on my 98 k1500. I’m using a 94 k2500 hydroboost and pedal. Theres a clearance issue installing the 94 pedal, and I found that the 94 hydroboost bolts right up to the stock vacuum 98 pedal. Only thing is the push rod is at an angle.

Has anyone used this setup before? Is there an issue with hydroboost pushrod connecting to the pedal at a little bit of an angle?

EppNation

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are you using a 94 hydroboost and pedal in a model year 98??

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
According to the swap information I read you could use either or if the booster and pedal was matched. And a 94 pedal is all I could find at the junk yard currently.

EppNation

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vacuum pedal? Thought you had hydroboost?

Glad you figured out your issue, but could you clarify what you accomplished here? Maybe a few pics?

Idk a single GMT400 owner that would decline the opportunity for better brakes.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I ended up drilling a different pushrod mount on my stock vacuum pedal above the original pushrod connector. If you want throw you through the windshield brakes on these trucks, install a hydroboost setup and 3/4 ton calipers. My truck stops amazing now!

Finish off the combo with a 14 BSF out back. Makes you wonder why they didn't come this way from GM.

EppNation

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just dawned on me and my lack of basic understanding of your application may be the cause of my confusion...

Did your 98 have factory vacuum booster?

I'm most savvy in the 3/4 ton of the GMT400, more specifically the diesel 3/4 tons.

rojas84

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What was the clearance issue with the 94 pedal?? I'll be swapping in the same setup in the spring on mine

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk