HVAC Issues 1997 2500 Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slime

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I've searched but not found my issue. Since my fan blows air like it should, hot or cool but it only comes out at the bottom no matter where I place the position switch, is it an actuator or my control panel. I get no clicking or any noise whatsoever. Switch feels the same but I'm guessing it will no matter what. I was hoping it would die on defrost since it's now getting to be "winter" here in the balmy south of Tennessee...

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For safety reasons they are supposed to default to defrost, mode door could be stuck/broken or the gears in the actuator could be stuck/broken.

Mine is stuck somewhere in the middle so I’ve only got a little air blowing out all the vents, sometimes if I kick the bottom of the hvac box, the door will move to the desired position lol

Slime

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. I just removed it and moved the rod. I don't have the time to take it apart right now. I'll order one when I order the power steering lines that now appear to be leaking. Plus, its 9 degrees, but feels like -9 here in Tennessee so it's way down on my list of stuff I need to do before tomorrow..