HVAC issue... maybe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if this is an issue, just seems like it ought to be. My AC compressor runs when the fresh air option is selected, even with A/C "off" on the control panel. Still blows hot air, but the compressor keeps engaging and disengaging like I'm running it. Now if I engage recirc, it doesn't engage the compressor anymore, but I typically run the heater on the windshield to keep the fog down, but I don't want to run the compressor if it isn't necessary, is this normal behavior, or do I have something I need to fix here?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
but I typically run the heater on the windshield to keep the fog down

There's your issue. Any time you have the defrost vents selected on the dash, the compressor will run. It's designed that way to pull moisture out of the air that's hitting the windshield. Perfectly normal behavior.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's your issue. Any time you have the defrost vents selected on the dash, the compressor will run. It's designed that way to pull moisture out of the air that's hitting the windshield. Perfectly normal behavior.
Ok, thanks. That's good to know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kept wondering why I was seeing puddles after drives home where I thought I didn't have the AC on . . . operator error. Take this off the to do list.