HVAC controls w/o A/C for 95+ trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So my truck was originally optioned with C60(A/C, Manual controls). But I have since eliminated anything a/c, and now am on a hunt for a non-a/c panel. I tried on my end to find one but I think C60 was a standard option for most trucks. If I have to I will just repurpose the a/c button as an on/off switch for something fun aka giggle juice or possibly electric cutouts. But before I do that I was just curious if you guys have seen the panel's sans a/c? If the panel is 96+ I know I'd have to either make a harness or find the OEM jumper harness for the retrofit.

You must be registered for see images attach

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the GM and Delco parts numbers for it. Seems like it would be in low demand, so a dealer might still have one sitting on a shelf somewhere.

The first one (16233213) looks to be for 1995 only. 16240135 for 96+.

Last edited:

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You want one of those check retired AT&T fleet trucks. I can't figure out why they were so awful to their employees down here in TX but every one of those trucks I've seen is a non-A/C truck. :(

Richard

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You want one of those check retired AT&T fleet trucks. I can't figure out why they were so awful to their employees down here in TX but every one of those trucks I've seen is a non-A/C truck. :(

Richard
Was just cruising craigslist and came across an ad for a former AT&T bucket truck, 2002 3500HD (GMT400) with the 8.1. Note the driver side accessory bracket does have the spot for the compressor but there isn't a compressor.. and there's no holes in the firewall for the evaporator core lines. Nice engine bay shot.

And here's that non-A/C control unit

Still blows my mind AT&T would have their guys out working in TX with no A/C. I mean yeah you're working outside anyway, but once you climb back in the truck you should get some relief from the heat.

Richard

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Still blows my mind AT&T would have their guys out working in TX with no A/C. I mean yeah you're working outside anyway, but once you climb back in the truck you should get some relief from the heat.
The fleet trucks are cheap, so they don't order high dollar options (if any). No real thought goes into the employees.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The flightline bobtails the Air Force buys don't come with A/C. We spent $32,000 adding A/C to four Ford F-350s.