HVAC BOX/Dash removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i'm about to be attempting to fix the ac in my truck. First issues it he air only comes out floor and defrost.

1st in formost the windshield was leaking for god knows how long. putting water into the defrost vents.

I put a mode door actuator in it (before even really diagnosing)

Now I have a new upper distribution box. I pulled the lower cover off and walla...there is the defrost flap.

The one for the vents to come out in the das will not move...its like its stuck shut.

Is there anything else I should prepare for...I'm afraid this may turn into a bigger repair than distribution box.

You must be registered for see images attach

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so got the front flap to move lol. For a fact I know that's the first time air has moved through the upper vents in 15 years lol

I'm gonna connect that linkage back actually have some air flow.

I thought about just trying to charge the system with a few cans this evening too to see what happens maybe the compressor will kick on.

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What was your AC doing before? What's the 134 capacity? A couple of cans is two. A few cans is three usually. That could potentially overcharge. Is the AC system still sealed? Done a pressure leak test? Then vacuum down for leak test moisture removal. Recharge to placard spec.
Good luck.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1 can i put a little in ans the compressor kicks on ans then right back off. Kept saying over oressure when compressor kick on then filled when kicks off