hvac blend door for defrost,panel,lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoorman

Reaction score
blend door is not working on any zone setting. I replaced the control unit and blend door actuator. You should see actuator turning but it does not. Should i bechasing the wire harness or is there a fuse to check? The blend door will turn by hand and the hot cold blend door work. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Confirm that you got the right part and didn’t get the recirc actuator by mistake.

All three actuators share a common ground and battery voltage, so (in theory) those should be fine if the other two respond. Diagrams below are for a 1998. Other years are probably the same or, at least, have the same function.

Remove the actuator connector and test for battery voltage on brown (141) using the chassis as ground and then the connector’s black wire (150) as ground. Repeat for the white signal wire (454) - you should see changing voltage as the a/c panel is adjusted from floor to defrost. It goes from something like one to five volts if memory services.

If all of those check out, take the actuator off of the box, plug in the connector and see if the silver position indicator dial turns as the mode is changed.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach