Hummer H2 Wheels and Tire Size Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonathonar89

Reaction score
Just bought a '95 K2500 utility truck this weekend and found a set of 8 lug 17" H2 wheels for really cheap.

What size tires are you guys running with these wheels? I'm aiming for a bolt-on tire size without lifting or modifications.

My friend from another car forum is using 285/70-17 on his crew-cab short-bed. I personally like keeping tread width about square with wheel mounting width so I'm looking at BFG All Terrain 265/70-17. Is there anything I should be aware of with these tire sizes? I tried searching the forum and it seems to be a mix of info.

You must be registered for see images attach
Untitled by Jonathon Randolph, on Flickr

Last edited:

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am no help on this subject, but we need pics. Pics are our crack.

jonathonar89

Reaction score
Alright guys, before and after on 265/70-17. The BFG makes it look really aggressive for being the same size tire as before. On all of my cars, I'm partial to keeping tread width in line with the mounting width on wheels so I think the 8.5" tread sits perfect on the 8.5" wheel.

The only part that bummed me out was the Hummer center caps don't fit over the HD axles. Seems like my option is to get the Chevy center caps. Right now I'm thinking a solution will be to clean the axle ends, paint them nice and open up the center of my Hummer caps so they can slip over.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The only part that bummed me out was the Hummer center caps don't fit over the HD axles. Seems like my option is to get the Chevy center caps. Right now I'm thinking a solution will be to clean the axle ends, paint them nice and open up the center of my Hummer caps so they can slip over.

I woudn't modify the stock caps, that makes them worthless to anyone else. Sell them any buy your Chevy caps, or hold on to them so they can go with the rims if you ever sell them.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright guys, before and after on 265/70-17. The BFG makes it look really aggressive for being the same size tire as before. On all of my cars, I'm partial to keeping tread width in line with the mounting width on wheels so I think the 8.5" tread sits perfect on the 8.5" wheel.

Damn, now I really regret selling my H2s.
I vote for the Chevy caps; you'll have to trim the outside diameter a little but they'll fit and look better in my opinion.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I vote Chevy Caps too.

Man I wish I could've gotten to see this truck in person. Still looks great!
---------
On the H2 rims by the way, GMT800 and GMT900 center caps will drop right down in the center, while GMT400 caps need the trimming around the outside diameter like I mentioned