Hughes Transmissions - Any Experiences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMTNZ

Reaction score
Hi all,
Anyone on here had any experience with Hughes transmissions?
Need to replace my 94 k1500 4l60e at some stage soon, starting to make funny light grinding noises at part throttle mainly in second and occasionally in third. I believe it's the sunshell so looking for a stronger unit to handle the 350 with top end ugrades!

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
They do serious stuff and I've seen a few drag cars with them. Never heard of anything bad.
I'm probably about to open the flood gate of others replying with their favorite shops... but if you want another source to compare price and options; Pheonix Transmission is a local shop for me, they do ship world wide and are also seriously in the race trans business.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Assuming you're talking about Hughes Performance brand transmissions, I've heard nothing but great things about their stuff. I wouldn't hesitate to run one of their full manual transmissions in my truck if I had the money for it.

Tongan310

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great tranny. Buy direct if possible because its cheaper. Summit and what not put quite the mark up on them. (I know because they're right down the street from me). With them being right around the corner everyone who wants performance go to them. They tend to ask A LOT of questions before building a transmission. Neighbor had to give them his build sheet. They wouldn't hear HP or TQ # they wanted everything about the motor from there they went to work. He loves his 4l60e says it shifts a bit hard (but he likes granny shifting) but to me feels just fine. I know when my 80e goes out I'll be talking to them.

Also their warranty almost doubles (Time wise) if you also get the Torque Converter from them (Custom built)