HP tuners.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-Bone

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys
Just got my new HP tuners set up for my 7.4 swapped 1500. Who here is using the software? And does anyone want to share any tune files?

T-Bone

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys I definitely am A HPTuners noob. I plugged it into my truck with the BlackBox ecm and I was surprised on what you can do with that old computer, But i do have A 0411 ecm ready to be swapped in . I was just waiting because it wont run once I change it. Ill have to get A bace map to start .

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you could retain a lot from the current 454 tune in the blackbox.

Here's how I think you could:
The black box and 0411 VE graphs look the same, as far as how they look in 3D. I would find a black box 350 tune and a stock express van tune and see if there was a way to accurately convert, directly, any number in any cell of the express tune to what value the 0411 would express.

Once you have your formula, make a conversion chart/excel sheet and copy/paste your blackbox info to retain your VE and most of your other info. This could cut some time needed for you to tune.

Honestly, my base map for my truck needs work. I fully intend on going back and remapping the VE, but I really don't have a ton of time to do that any more like I used to. Maybe after this summer. Not sure. @Christian Steffen is a great resource as well for tuning info.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks guys I definitely am A HPTuners noob. I plugged it into my truck with the BlackBox ecm and I was surprised on what you can do with that old computer, But i do have A 0411 ecm ready to be swapped in . I was just waiting because it wont run once I change it. Ill have to get A bace map to start .

Out of curiosity are you using a '98+ PCM? The reason I ask is that your signature says your truck is a '97, but I don't think HPTuners is compatible with pre-'98 PCMs from these trucks. I'm assuming you used the PCM from your 454 donor vehicle?

T-Bone

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of curiosity are you using a '98+ PCM? The reason I ask is that your signature says your truck is a '97, but I don't think HPTuners is compatible with pre-'98 PCMs from these trucks. I'm assuming you used the PCM from your 454 donor vehicle?
You sir know your Chevy trucks lol. you are correct my truck is a 1997 but when I did my swap 2 years ago the doner truck was a 1998 k3500 GMC and there was A LOT of difference between the models... None of the firewall plugs wer the same so had to change basically all the wireing. Front to back. Under the hood, dash harness, steering colom, headlights, so my truck has all the 98 wiring and the 4 plug ECM as well. What a job.