How to Replace Blower Motor Resistor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooslowtahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so my heat only works on the highest setting from reading i need to replace just the resistor??

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, cool. I have a possible used switch box I can get a hold of.

Does anyone have a picture of this resistor? I am going to start with the switches first since it is the easiest to swap out! haha

Here is a pic of the resistor.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Perfect thanks man! I am hoping with no more passenger air bag it won't be too difficult to get at! If the new switches don't work that is!

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so my heat only works on the highest setting from reading i need to replace just the resistor??

the blower only working on high is a good indication that you have a bad resistor. The high setting bypasses the resistor because highest setting uses full power to the motor. The resistor allows less voltage to reach the motor to make it spin slower at the lower speed ranges.

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Perfect thanks man! I am hoping with no more passenger air bag it won't be too difficult to get at! If the new switches don't work that is!

There is also a thick red power wire on a connector that I had burn out. When I go on my desk top I will pull pics out computer of wire when I changed it out.

Mythic

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I have a 1990 scsb and the heater only blows warm air some of the time. It will blow warm fo longer on the low setting than on the medium or high setting. On the high setting I can actually feel the warm air go from warm to cold. The motor blows and adjusts speeds accordingly, but just doesnt blow warm air very often. Also, the switch that adjusts the heat from hot to cold doesn't always light up, it seems to function even when not lit up as the display changes when I adjust it. I would really like to be warm on my commute, any help would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When was the radiator last flushed, and it could be a bad radiator or thermostat.

Mythic

Reaction score
I will try flushing the radiator and replacing the thermostat this weekend. I just got the truck last weekend. Thanks for the tip.

Mythic

Reaction score
Just got home and as I was getting out of the truck I noticed a hissing sound. Popped the hood and discovered the radiator has a leak. I can't see exactly where the leak is, but it seems to be between the upper radiator hose and the grill. I could see the steam and hear the hissing. So I have to get that figured out. From Tricky's post, I believe this might have something to do with my heat issue. I am bummed. I paid $2,200 for this truck a week ago and it was runing great until the heat stopped working and now this radiator issue.

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well,I did a Delphi Radiator RA 20109 back in Oct in mine. I got it from Amazon for $160 with free shipping. Do not see any now but there are some on EBay for $169 with free shipping.

Last edited: