How to: NBS master cylinder swap for firm brake pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
None of you don't hog out the hb. Any if you do. Why bother with HB? Isn't the OBS master 39mm vs the NBS 38mm?

rojas84

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's all about the pressure in the system hb puts out more pressure in the braking system

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

mrnapolean1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No delete. All my brakes are OE except the MC and brass nipple.

I Did the RWAL (Rear Wheel Anti Lock) Delete on my 91 that got stolen 2 years ago. I have a 94 now I am going to do the same thing expect Im going to do the MC Upgrade.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I Did the RWAL (Rear Wheel Anti Lock) Delete on my 91 that got stolen 2 years ago. I have a 94 now I am going to do the same thing expect Im going to do the MC Upgrade.
My 93 WT stopped like a champ. It was all OE even the MC. My 97, not so much. Spongy with the OE MC. GM changed the braking system in 96. If my 97 would stop as good as my 93 did, I would have never done the MC swap.

jasons99hoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed a NBS MC on my 99 OBS Burb today. Yesterday I installed the Powerstop slotted and cross drilled rotors along with their extreme suv and tow pads. While we were bleeding the system yesterday the OE MC crapped out. Thanks to this thread I decided to upgrade to the NBS MC. My brakes are better than they ever were. I am still using vacuum also.
You must be registered for see images attach

awesome pictures man. looks nice under there and clean too

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 93 WT stopped like a champ. It was all OE even the MC. My 97, not so much. Spongy with the OE MC. GM changed the braking system in 96. If my 97 would stop as good as my 93 did, I would have never done the MC swap.
Ya my 94 1500 4wd has better brakes than my 98 1500 2wd. All stock on both. What changed?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
so did you use one from a 2005 or older
Not sure exactly what year the master is. I got it brand new off a guy who had planned to swap it onto a truck he had years ago and wound up selling the truck before the swap so he held into it for like 3 years for me until I finally decided to do the swap and bought it from him lol.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit