How to MarkVIII your OBS on a budget..!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i really wish these fans were dependable........ they do free up horse power and run really quiet... but they burn out and seize up and leave you stranded.... mechanical is the way to go for dependability

Yeah, that's why I haven't.

What about the GMT800 fans? Are those reliable in the GMT400's?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A burned up fan won't leave you stranded. This did nothing for power or economy for me, but it does get the AC blasting ice cold at a red light.

Guss327

Reaction score
I put the Lincoln mark 8 fan inside my stock housing... it worked great!.... until the motor burned out and seized.... which sucked bawls because I think I gained about 3 MPG, better throttle response, and at least 10 HP..... but, if that had happened out camping/off-roading I would have been totally effed..... so now im super sketched about electric fans... but still wish I had one

I will second the better take offs and motor buzzes up quicker better gas mileage but maybe 2 gals per mile more. I thinking it more like you get to power rpm range faster then get out of gas peddle saving gas all how you drive and how far .

Steve Addy

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I haven't.

What about the GMT800 fans? Are those reliable in the GMT400's?

I read through 9 pages looking for someone with a 6.5 diesel who had installed one, if it was there I missed it. Anyone know someone with a turbo diesel that's done it? I kinda don't get along with the clutch fan so much and I'd like to know if anyone with a diesel successfully converted...and if they did what fan did they use?

Thanks

Steve

Steve Addy

Reaction score
Also, would like to hear from anyone whose done the Tahoe fan instead of the Mk VIII fan and whether that's been a good choice or not.

It's a lot easier for me to find a Tahoe fan assembly rather than try and find a Mk VIII fan.

Thanks

Steve

moremudd

Reaction score

duallburb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i took my fam shroud off and am running both fans out of a honda civic on a relay and a 160 degree temp sensor. ceeps motor about 180