How to make transmission lines fit? What adapter? My truck has a th350. It had a c10 radiator, it blew so i got the original radiator.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Cool. But the Teflon tape shouldn't be used with any type of flare fitting. The seal is on the tapered cone not the threads. It's probably not hurting anything but it can flake off and cause damage.

Glad it's all sealed. I have been so busy @ work today this is the first I've been on today!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thread tape has NO BUSINESS ANYWHERE on a vehicle.

Bad enough on cooling systems. Worse on systems carrying oil/ATF/PS fluid/Brake fluid.

Even if its seals when applied, it shreds when disassembled. The shredded tape infects the fluid system, you're never sure you've got it all removed.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I've seen it ruin a several thousand dollar racecar by plugging a jet in the carb. It leaned out 2 cylinders and it kersploded.

Also by holding the needle and seat open it allowed fuel to flood and overflow on a hot race engine and burn the car to the ground.

I won't keep it in the shop even. When I get a new air tool I have to go in the house for the tape.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KKTH2/?coliid=I2C34IAJPLZFEQ&colid=2VLYZKC3HBBDO&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Also available at auto parts stores.
God bless 592. (565, 567, and the waxy "stick" stuff are approximately as good.)

This stuff has anaerobic "hardening" chemical in it, sort of like a mild threadlocker. Doesn't just "dry", it "cures". Works GREAT on pipe thread and bolt threads--headbolts for example. Easily dis-assembleable, and parts clean up nicely.

I can't believe I forgot "Fuel systems" in my prior post.