How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem. If ya can't find one I think there is one or two around in my local junkyard.

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up one today. Think you could wire the range to the gauge cluster for it to work?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Range mode works thru the computers class 2 serial data wire. Unless there is a way to wire the fuel sender thru the computer on a 96-97 and have the computer recognize it then no you can't.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's possible I have never looked in anything other than 98+ blazers and astro vans. If ya find out for sure let me know and Ill edit the OP

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Figured I'd post this over here incase you didn't see it in Kyle's thread:
Got my DIC today!! Thanks again Paul! Packaging was the best Ive seen! Now I just gotta get it installed!
You must be registered for see images attach

Now I wanna get another screen to mess around with and see if I can get it painted transparent blue :cool:
Not sure if that's painted transparent green, or if it's green plastic... :shrug:

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd post this over here incase you didn't see it in Kyle's thread:
Got my DIC today!! Thanks again Paul! Packaging was the best Ive seen! Now I just gotta get it installed!

Now I wanna get another screen to mess around with and see if I can get it painted transparent blue :cool:
Not sure if that's painted transparent green, or if it's green plastic... :shrug:

Yeah I saw that you got it a day early and I'm pretty sure it's green plastic

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that you got it a day early and I'm pretty sure it's green plastic

Yeah I found a site called ePlastics, that you can buy any type of plastic or plexi from, and I sent an email asking if they are able to form plastic to shape also... So I may find another cover, carefully remove the buttons, and send it to them, and see if they can form a transparent blue one for me :hmm:

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
just saw this thread a few days ago and this is the perfect mod.. ordered the whole console out of a blazer because I couldnt find just the display, do you know what pins do what on the connector? since I have no harness (was just gonna solder wired directly to it) hopefully the console I ordered (it was a short one) will have the fuel/economy info as well (the seller couldnt answer my question so I took the chance)

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill find the the file with pins descriptions, Since you ordered a short console does it have the compass arm sticking off of it???