How To: Install a Compass / Temperature Rear View Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Me podrian ayudar mi espejo tiene que marcar temperatura y brujula al mismo tiempo y mi espejo tambien marca el airbag y es autocromatico alguien que me diga las funciones de los colores del arnes??

SmurphN65

Reaction score
Another successful install here one thing g I'd like to add to make the job easier for me when it came to a ignition switch around the fuse panel I just used an add a circuit instead of guessing what side was "downwind" on the fuse.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Wired up my mirror and the power + ground wire started to melt instantly when testing. I did one of these 6 years ago and had no issues, thought I wired this one the same way. Any ideas as to what went wrong? Obviously, I'm not an electrician!!

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wired up my mirror and the power + ground wire started to melt instantly when testing. I did one of these 6 years ago and had no issues, thought I wired this one the same way. Any ideas as to what went wrong? Obviously, I'm not an electrician!!
Water in the mirror would be a guess or a bad board, or something is shorted in the wiring

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Suggest putting a meter across the leads to the mirror first. If there is a short there you will have full continuity. If not then check on the wire pair with the other end disconnected If the meter pegs your short is in the wires. The wires are my guess.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Apologies for bumping an idle thread but, I installed this mirror over the weekend. Compass works fine, but I have no temp reading. Wiring is all correct as laid out in here, but pressing the temp button just turns the green light on or off. Holding in the temp button darkens the mirror until you let off. Any ideas?

Fireball5657

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about a GMT800 mirror? I got one that does compass and temperature, but will the temp sensor from a GMT400 work or will I need a 800 temp sensor?