How To: Install a Compass / Temperature Rear View Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kssilverado

Reaction score
Just has COMPASS & MIRROR. If I hit COMPASS it goes blank, hit it again and the direction comes back up. Thought maybe I could hit compass and have it change to temp

Sent from a Galaxy, far, far away.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just has COMPASS & MIRROR. If I hit COMPASS it goes blank, hit it again and the direction comes back up. Thought maybe I could hit compass and have it change to temp

Yeah, some of our trucks only got the compass in the mirrors. My Suburban is the same way, compass reading you can turn on or off but no temp. Kind of odd, as when the mirror display boots up you can clearly see the spot for a degree readout. Some of them just weren't programmed for that function.

kssilverado

Reaction score
Yeah, some of our trucks only got the compass in the mirrors. My Suburban is the same way, compass reading you can turn on or off but no temp. Kind of odd, as when the mirror display boots up you can clearly see the spot for a degree readout. Some of them just weren't programmed for that function.

Damn. Well that sucks. I noticed the degree readout too so I figured maybe it could have temp too. Wonder if there's a way to reprogram the mirror for temp too....? If nothing else I guess I'll have to install an overhead console with DIC for my temp haha

kssilverado

Reaction score

Damn. Well that sucks. I noticed the degree readout too so I figured maybe it could have temp too. Wonder if there's a way to reprogram the mirror for temp too....? If nothing else I guess I'll have to install an overhead console with DIC for my temp haha

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

You could always just swap mirrors to one that does have the temp function, if you already have the sensor and everything that's probably what I would do.

Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to add the temp function to mirrors that didn't originally have it.

kssilverado

Reaction score
You could always just swap mirrors to one that does have the temp function, if you already have the sensor and everything that's probably what I would do.

Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to add the temp function to mirrors that didn't originally have it.
Yea I could always do that too. Would probably be the easiest way to get temp. I've got the sensor just nothing to connect it to! [emoji17] lol

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Or a dual line. Then it shows both at once. I've been hunting one for awhile now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kssilverado

Reaction score
I wish the dual display ones like in my 06 didn't have all the buttons on them. I love it but all the buttons would be useless in an OBS