How To: Install a Compass / Temperature Rear View Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The sensors are all the same, heck I'm using one from a 99 Blazer lol. GMT400, GMT800, S-Series, they're all the same, even using the same plugs.

Armalite15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven’t read through this entire thread yet but I bought a mirror and sensor from a member here over a year ago and am going to finally install it. What gauge wire are you using, looks like the OEM is 18 or 20?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I haven’t read through this entire thread yet but I bought a mirror and sensor from a member here over a year ago and am going to finally install it. What gauge wire are you using, looks like the OEM is 18 or 20?

I used this stuff. Trailer wire. Being flat makes it fit under the headliner & down the pillar very well.

The sensors for the mirror are low voltage if I remember correctly. 1.5v's?

You must be registered for see images attach

*edit* 20ga.

Last edited:

Armalite15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used this stuff. Trailer wire. Being flat makes it fit under the headliner & down the pillar very well.

The sensors for the mirror are low voltage if I remember correctly. 1.5v's?

You must be registered for see images attach

*edit* 20ga.
Thank you I thought 20 gauge looked close.

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
Anyone else experience a kinda goldish tint from their mirror? Swapped a working unit from the yard but ended up having to go back to my manual mirror because I couldn't see anything in it during the early evening.

I confirmed the dimming function is functional with a flashlight. The gold tint is always there, even without 12v present. Any help is greatly appreciated!