How to get rid of jack holder in truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello everyone, to get my subs in my truck, I have To get rid of this, so far twisting it and doing things I’ve seen other forums doesn’t work, I’d like to be able to take it out without cutting, any suggestions?

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's got threadlocker on it, dunno if penetrating oil would help. Some very slight (VERY) slight heat might. I've always just vise-gripped 'em when they wouldn't come out otherwise.

Richard

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
It's got threadlocker on it, dunno if penetrating oil would help. Some very slight (VERY) slight heat might. I've always just vise-gripped 'em when they wouldn't come out otherwise.

Richard

The thread locker gets pealed off on the threaded section that sticks out below the floor pan and the threads get pretty rusty

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I just used an e-torx socket and zipped it right out of my '90

I'll have to look at mine.... I don't think it has a torx shaped end on it. The OP's picture doesn't look like it does either.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
There was definitely a torx end on mine

Reaction score
I'd try locking two nuts together to unscrew it. I did the vice grip thing and really chewed mine up. It also took a while doing that way. With two nuts you could use a ratcheting wrench.
I’m going to try this tomorrow, with the vice grips it gets tighter going both ways.