How to find bolt sizes/thread pitch/ length

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onetonftw

Reaction score
I bought a 2000 K2500 ext cab short bed in pretty decent shape. It’s got the 5.7/4L80E and no idea what transfer case is in it.

The transmission went out and the last owner pulled the trans/transfer case, allegedly “rebuilt” the 4L80E and put them in the bed of the truck. Never got around to installing them, so he said. I now have to throw those back in the truck with the hopes they work. If not I’ll be pulling them back out.

The issue is I have no bolts, and no idea what to buy. Anyone have a good parts fiche or list of bolts needed. I was able to find that the bell housing bolts are 3/8-16-1.375. I have no idea what the transmission to transfer case bolts are, or mounting bolts, etc. any help is appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post a photo of the RPO sticker and the VIN. Also, the transfer case will have a metal tag on it on the rear case which identifies the model of the transfer case (I think it could be either NP241, NP243, or NP246).

Last edited: