How to fid correct rear wheel bearing and seals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I install what I was told is a 2005 Tahoe rear into my 1997 Tahoe. I am looking for rear wheel bearings and seals. I ordered a set of Timken bearings for 2005 rear ,But when I tried to install they bottomed out or would not go in any further. They stuck out about 3 /16 of an inch. How do I order the correct once since the rear might not be a 2005. What other coil spring trailing am rear could the rear be that would take a different bearing?
Thanks in advance
Skip

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I install what I was told is a 2005 Tahoe rear into my 1997 Tahoe. I am looking for rear wheel bearings and seals. I ordered a set of Timken bearings for 2005 rear ,But when I tried to install they bottomed out or would not go in any further. They stuck out about 3 /16 of an inch. How do I order the correct once since the rear might not be a 2005. What other coil spring trailing am rear could the rear be that would take a different bearing?
Thanks in advance
Skip
Maybe you got the wrong part? Did you remove the old bearings? How do they compare to the new? As far as I know, there was just one axle in that generation trucks with that suspension.

You may want to go ask the folks at performancetruck.net They are are going to be more knowledgeable on that truck axle. Good luck.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've replaced quite a few sets in those rear diffs. Did they happen to sell you bearing and seal made together "correct" part. If so they made those as a "problem solver" but hate those.

My shop got me those and I told them they ever get me another one that I will not install and they can find another tech lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJost