How much fuel pressure for a 5.7 vortec?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for the record 57 psi IS enough for the original poppets. Yes they are sensative to pressure and will not work around 45psi or less, but 57 IS plenty.

Might want to replace ur fuel filter though 7 psi is a pretty good drop.

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for the record 57 psi IS enough for the original poppets. Yes they are sensative to pressure and will not work around 45psi or less, but 57 IS plenty.

Might want to replace ur fuel filter though 7 psi is a pretty good drop.
Its new as well, with the gauge on it the pressure shoots up to 60psi when the pedal is pushed, so i think my pump is fine. I just left it hooked up, ran it through the gap at the back of the hood and turned it so i could see it while i was driving it, when it would miss the needle on the gauge never moved. Compression on the #1 cylinder was only 120psi, and the rest of them were between 140-145psi.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
idk what kind of internal damage would cause a miss only sometimes and fowel plugs. could it be a cracked head?

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
could be a cracked head, could be bad head gasket, could be a burnt valve, could be a broken spring, etc. Most likely a bad head gasket or burnt valve.
To crack the head would take overheating the motor pretty bad at one time