How many misfire counts before SES light comes on? 0411 PCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many misfire counts it takes over a predetermined amount of time to trigger a code when using a 0411 PCM?

Reason I ask is I have a 1998 Tahoe with a 0411 PCM in it and I have been having an issue with converter unlocking around 2K RPM. It goes back into lockup a few seconds later and is usually fine for the rest of my ride.

I used a Wifi OBD module and my phone with the Dash Command app to monitor misfires counts on all 8 cylinders and I am getting a a few dozen misfires on cylinder 4 at 2K RPM. I will get a few here and there throughout the RPM range on cylinders 2 and 4 but cylinder 4 seems to be the worse at 2K RPM. I DO NOT get any check engine light for misfires.
I am currently waiting to hear back from my tuner to see if misfire monitoring is turned off in the tune. But in the meantime, I am trying to figure out why the hell my converter keeps unlocking. Like I said, it only does it at 2K RPM and that just so happens to be where I am getting all the misfires from.