How low is a Mark lll Conversion truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dads93Mark3

Reaction score
I have a 93 Chevy Mark lll truck. What parts and how low is the truck from the Mark lll conversion place? I know it has lowering shackles on back of the leaf springs. But is there anything on the front end to lower it?

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I don't think they're lowered much at all. Might just be shackles to level it a little bit, and the body kit/fender flares add some low "look" to it without actually lowering the truck. Take a peek at the front end of your leaf springs. If the brackets (hangers) are riveted to the frame, they're original. If they're bolted, they'll be aftermarket and likely part of a 4" rear drop (hangers and shackles.)

If it's stock hangers/drop shackles, that's roughly a 2" rear drop, and likely no front drop.

Drop hangers/drop shackles is a 4" rear drop, will likely have a corresponding 2" front drop that is probably achieved by drop springs, or drop spindles.

You can tell drop spindles apart from stock ones pretty quickly by the position of the axle in relation to the rest of the casting. A stock spindle has the axle low in the casting near the lower ball joint, where the drop spindle has the axle 2" higher which is closer to the center. Note the two in the pic below - stock spindle left, drop spindle right:

You must be registered for see images attach

Front drop springs are a little trickier to identify in place once they've got some age on them. They're usually painted a different color (often silver or hammertone silver depending on brand) instead of the usual factory black.

Richard

Dads93Mark3

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I don't think they're lowered much at all. Might just be shackles to level it a little bit, and the body kit/fender flares add some low "look" to it without actually lowering the truck. Take a peek at the front end of your leaf springs. If the brackets (hangers) are riveted to the frame, they're original. If they're bolted, they'll be aftermarket and likely part of a 4" rear drop (hangers and shackles.)

If it's stock hangers/drop shackles, that's roughly a 2" rear drop, and likely no front drop.

Drop hangers/drop shackles is a 4" rear drop, will likely have a corresponding 2" front drop that is probably achieved by drop springs, or drop spindles.

You can tell drop spindles apart from stock ones pretty quickly by the position of the axle in relation to the rest of the casting. A stock spindle has the axle low in the casting near the lower ball joint, where the drop spindle has the axle 2" higher which is closer to the center. Note the two in the pic below - stock spindle left, drop spindle right:

You must be registered for see images attach

Front drop springs are a little trickier to identify in place once they've got some age on them. They're usually painted a different color (often silver or hammertone silver depending on brand) instead of the usual factory black.

Richard
Richard, thank you for the great info. the hangers are factory.
I’m wanting to lower it 2” more in front and back. I’ve purchased a bell tech kit with 2” drop spindles for the front, hangers for the back which I think will lower the rear 2” more. It also came with new shocks and I purchased shock extensions for the rear but I don’t know if I will need them.
I just put 20” rims and I currently have 4 1/2” of gap from tire to body in the front and rear.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that hangers are a pain in the d i c k to install, and also that advertised drop is not necessarily the same as actual, especially if you are coming from stock springs with miles on them. They sag over time, so they are already lower than factory in most cases.
Wheel gap will be affected by tire choices too, as will overall ride height.

Dads93Mark3

Reaction score
Keep in mind that hangers are a pain in the d i c k to install, and also that advertised drop is not necessarily the same as actual, especially if you are coming from stock springs with miles on them. They sag over time, so they are already lower than factory in most cases.
Wheel gap will be affected by tire choices too, as will overall ride height.
Thanks 618, it really doesn’t matter if it’s not a 2” drop. I’d be happy with 1 to 2”. Just to close it up a bit. I’ve watched Eric the car guy on YouTube and the hanger on the drivers side is tough (unless you drop the fuel tank)

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s easier to do them with the bed off. You will not have a good time in a home garage doing hangers with the bed on.

After having done hangers, my suggestion (and the majority of the worlds) would be to get some stock shackles and do an axle flip kit on the back and your choice of 4” drop in the front.

Last edited:

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s easier to do them with the bed off. You will not have a good time in a home garage doing hangers with the bed on.

After having done hangers, my suggestion (and the majority of the worlds) would be to get some stock shackles and do an axle flip kit on the back your choice of 4” drop in the front.
"More drop" is always the way. :)

Richard