How do you remove pins from bulkhead connector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94onthefloor

Reaction score
I've got a 94 Silverado I am currently 5.3 swapping and I'm trying to declutter the engine bay by getting rid of the stock engine performance wiring because I am using a Holley terminator, I just cant figure out how to remove the pins from the bulkhead connector on the fire wall under the master cylinder. If anyone could help that would tremendous.

grey wolf

Reaction score
There are tools specifically for removing terminals from the connector bodies, but a lot of times I've had success just using a paper clip. Usually there's a little plastic tab inside the connector body that holds the terminal in place. Just pry up on it with the paper clip or tool so that it's not preventing the terminal from sliding out, and then gently pull on the wire and it will come out of the connector body. If you get it right, it comes out super easy, no damage to the terminal or the connector body. It would help to have pictures to show what I'm talking about, but I do not... Try looking at any empty cavities on the connector body to see the little retaining tab I am talking about, and you should be able to figure out how it works.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alldata generally has some info. Unfortunately I don't have access to alldata right now. Factory manual should. I have several different sets like the following but like said sometimes a paperclip will work. You're looking for a tab to release then the terminal end pulls out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
You have to pull the big plastic terminal retainers out from the sides that hold the terminals in, then you release them with a suitable tool.