How did I break a spindle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2sticks

Reaction score
Anybody ever see a spindle break like this? Was going down the road about 60mph. Drove perfect right up til this happened. Trying to figure out what went wrong

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That grease looks pretty fresh, did you recently have that hub/rotor off and put it back on with the wrong preload? They're damn picky, I got it wrong once and it wasn't long before I was headed back to the parts store.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They dont always make noises. Had a customer with a Polaris Rzr that thought he just needed a new seal on the front driveshaft come to find out that the bearing had blown apart. That thing had zero noise whatsoever.

It definitely looks like that bearing failed.

2sticks

Reaction score
I did change bearings about a month ago, it was my first rodeo but I used YouTube and went step by step. I was sure everything was going back together correctly but I am sure not above making a mistake. I couldn’t believe there wasn’t a noise or a wobble either. Will sure make a man paranoid haha

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did change bearings about a month ago, it was my first rodeo but I used YouTube and went step by step. I was sure everything was going back together correctly but I am sure not above making a mistake. I couldn’t believe there wasn’t a noise or a wobble either. Will sure make a man paranoid haha
New bearings and new matched same brand races right? You didn't mix and match brands or new bearings on old races?

Just have to ask.

Last edited:

2sticks

Reaction score
New bearings and new matched same brand races right? You didn't mix and match brands or new bearings on old races?

Just have to ask.
i think you nailed it. good chance this is what happened. lesson learned. is it ok to use the races that come with a new rotor? because if not i got more work to do.