how can I get more steering angle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle Grimmitt

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently building a regular cab long bed c1500 into a drift truck for my best friend who passed away in February. It was always his dream, as we have many ideas/plans for the truck. we recently finished buying all the Djm front suspension to lower the truck I was wondering some ways you guys use to acquire more steering angle. more sideways the better!

RickLSX

Reaction score
Hey, not one to bring old posts back from the dead but, i too would be looking into getting more angle out of my '92 scsb, sitting on a DJM 4/6 drop, seen people cutting about an inch off the spindles where the tie rods connect, mostly on the compact import car/trucks, wondering if this would be possible on our Full sized heavy weights?

Thanks

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Hey, not one to bring old posts back from the dead but, i too would be looking into getting more angle out of my '92 scsb, sitting on a DJM 4/6 drop, seen people cutting about an inch off the spindles where the tie rods connect, mostly on the compact import car/trucks, wondering if this would be possible on our Full sized heavy weights?

Thanks
I think the steering is what it is. Cutting the spindles Shouldnt do anything since you would just have to adjust the tie rods out to get the wheels straight. you would probably have to find a different steering gearbox that goes further both ways, but idk if they exist or where you could get one.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The limiting factor on most vehicles is how far you can turn before the tire sidewall or the edge of the wheel rim hits something - whether it's frame, sway bar, edge of the control arm, fender lip, etc. Even in otherwise fully stock setups you will get some contact if you go just a little wider with the tire. Contact is bad...

Richard

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I thought about that but i didnt know if that still applied with lowered stuff. I know my 285s are real close to the frame at full lock.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are steering stops cast into the spindles I believe that could be ground down. Shortening the spindle where the tie rod connects should increase the amount of turning also as you are changing the fulcrum. The stops would then still be the limiting factor.

DeucesAllin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yall are on crack ******* with oem boxes.

Electric all day long.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk