How can I bypass VATS or delete it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpeIIingError

Reaction score
I'm sick of this. Can someone assist me in either bypassing, permanently removing, or even just where I could find the box on my truck? I don't have any money or a spare car to even go get a job with anymore to afford new parts. I've got a parts 99 Chevy that I don't think had the lock crap on it but I honestly have no clue where to find it. I tried to swap the computer thing by the fuse box but it still has it locked out.

I swapped my 5.7 Vortec from my 99 ext cab into my 00' k2500 ccsb. Everything looks the same other than the stock delco radio.

Edit: Would running a toggle switch to the fuel pump work??

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's part of the programming on the main PCM. "Correct" way would be to get a tune and have it removed from the PCM entirely. But you say you're on a limited budget and that's a couple hundred bucks. Someone posted a budget solution involving soldering a resistor in somewhere recently... @skylark maybe?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sick of this. Can someone assist me in either bypassing, permanently removing, or even just where I could find the box on my truck? I don't have any money or a spare car to even go get a job with anymore to afford new parts. I've got a parts 99 Chevy that I don't think had the lock crap on it but I honestly have no clue where to find it. I tried to swap the computer thing by the fuse box but it still has it locked out.

I swapped my 5.7 Vortec from my 99 ext cab into my 00' k2500 ccsb. Everything looks the same other than the stock delco radio.

Edit: Would running a toggle switch to the fuel pump work??
http://www.gmt400.com/threads/how-to-bypass-the-security.39407/

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just one bit flip to turn this off in your computer. if you dont know or have time to figure it out (all of the info is out there for free), paying a turner $50-$75 is a pretty cheap and easy option. If you really cant find one let me know.

SpeIIingError

Reaction score
I still haven't gotten it but thank you all. I might just sell some stuff and get a cheap car and get an aftermarket wiring harness later on when I can afford real parts.