Horn problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Urambo Tauro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't realize that you got that horn to work. Ok, then you're definitely missing something there power-wise. Maybe the ground point's just not clean enough.

Airbag disabling: Disconnect battery, give it a minute (you can also discharge residual voltage by turning on a light switch during that time), pull airbag fuse, unplug connector behind inflator assembly, then proceed with removal. Some of these steps are just safety overlaps that aren't really necessary, but still good practice. Arming procedure is reverse of disarming.

rangrayy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tied into the horn wiring right at the base of that horn on the green wire. I even clipped the ground off that horn and tried to ground else where and did not make a difference unless I still couldn't find a good ground. I was in the middle of doing the headlight relay harness from LMC so figured while I had the grille off why not mess with it some more.

I might give the steering wheel a look over this weekend and see what I can find. The gentleman who sold me the truck believed it to be in the wheel too but did not want to mess with it.

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You remove the air bag by twisting a screwdriver in the back of the steering wheel to unlock the retainer. Hope this helps.

Look on the backside of the steering wheel, there are 4 little holes where you can see the pins and springs that hold the airbag on the steering wheel. Use a small flat screwdriver (or similar tool) to work the spring ends away from the pins. As those 4 ends are released the airbag will pop up slightly, then just lean the airbag back to get to the wiring connector underneath it.

SuperTramp

Preparing truck & camper for N. American trek
Reaction score
The horn on my 1998 k2500 5.7 has quit working. There’s a good chance it’s a wiring problem since it quit working after my wrestling to get new wire through hole in fire wall to mount fog lights. Does anyone have any experience with this wiring (no air bag) to suggest typical weak points where the wire may have come disconnected?

You must be registered for see images attach

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Did you do anything in the under-hood fuse/relay center? Check the horn relay, swap it with another relay and try it out. It's a very simple circuit.