Hooking up 97 fuel gauge to 12200411 PCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Yep, in fact you can do all that without even using credits. And it's a lot more comprehensive than JUST giving you the code - it'll tell you what the code stands for as well.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Clearing codes won't fix a misfire.
Why do I get the distinct feeling you're stalking this thread to provide quips and false info about things you don't seem to really know anything about? He didn't say anything about clearing the codes fixing the issue, he asked if HPT can do it. If you're not gonna be helpful, how about not being here.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Why do I get the distinct feeling you're stalking this thread to provide quips and false info about things you don't seem to really know anything about? He didn't say anything about clearing the codes fixing the issue, he asked if HPT can do it. If you're not gonna be helpful, how about not being here.

Umm, what? Fact: flashing CEL means damage to catalyst, likely a misfire. Fact: feels like it's running on 6 cylinders isn't gonna change by clearing a CEL. What's your point?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
LMAO I know that.

OK, the way you posted that it sounded like you wanted to reset the light and send it. EFILive will let you pull codes and datalog without registering the PCM. Not sure if HPT is the same way, but there's definitely a chance.

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK, the way you posted that it sounded like you wanted to reset the light and send it. EFILive will let you pull codes and datalog without registering the PCM. Not sure if HPT is the same way, but there's definitely a chance.

Your initial reply to my question was pretty funny, but since none of us know each other we can't expect to know what the other guy does or doesn't know about wrenching.

It would be cool though if we could just turn the light off and send it.

This new development for my Tahoe is way off track from the initial purpose of this thread. I'll move this misfire conversation to my build thread.

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, in fact you can do all that without even using credits. And it's a lot more comprehensive than JUST giving you the code - it'll tell you what the code stands for as well.

About to break down and buy HP Tuners to help me with the Tahoe.

I want to make sure I understand what you said about scanning vehicles. If I buy the MPVI2 with one credit so I can manipulate the Tahoe's computer, can I use that same device to scan other vehicles for codes without having to buy credits for each vehicle I need to scan?

Thanks

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
About to break down and buy HP Tuners to help me with the Tahoe.

I want to make sure I understand what you said about scanning vehicles. If I buy the MPVI2 with one credit so I can manipulate the Tahoe's computer, can I use that same device to scan other vehicles for codes without having to buy credits for each vehicle I need to scan?

Thanks
Sure, as long as you're not changing anything on said vehicles, you can scan anything the software supports at any time.

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure, as long as you're not changing anything on said vehicles, you can scan anything the software supports at any time.

I finally purchased HP Tuners 2. I tried copying what you posted for the gauge, but did not have any luck. Gauge still buries way past full. I'm sure it's operator error. I'll keep poking around in the program to see if there is something I forgot to click.