Hooking up 97 fuel gauge to 12200411 PCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's a 97 Tahoe, yes, it did run direct lol. He even mentioned that he swapped to a later sender for the tank pressure sensor that the trucks up to 97 didn't have, indicating he used to have a 0-90 sender, and now it's a 40-250, which means his gauge is going to read over full until he gets down to about 1/4 tank, and the gauge will NEVER read less than 1/2. If he wants the gauge to work right, he's going to have to run the sender line to the PCM and let the PCM control the gauge. Only way it will EVER work right.

Also mine has been under PCM control since I STARTED this thread and has never been jumpy in the slightest, not even when I swapped to an Escalade cluster myself. So yeah :p

@LovesDunes did your LS swap go in with a 12200411 PCM or some other: P01 with the Blue/Red or P59 with the Blue/Green connectors? I ask because some of the P59 PCMs don't have the drivers for the fuel gauge PWM circuit and won't work with the analog gauge at all - in which case you may be entirely out of luck without an aftermarket gauge.

Orr he could wire up a 411 solely to control the fuel gauge.

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@LovesDunes did your LS swap go in with a 12200411 PCM or some other: P01 with the Blue/Red or P59 with the Blue/Green connectors? I ask because some of the P59 PCMs don't have the drivers for the fuel gauge PWM circuit and won't work with the analog gauge at all - in which case you may be entirely out of luck without an aftermarket gauge.

Man I missed a lot of messages here. I am running the ECU that came out of the 2002 Tahoe with the Blue/Red connectors. I will need to check my wiring notes, but it sounds like I did not wire the fuel gauge through the computer.

Thanks for all of the replys. It's great being able to get help with this stuff.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Being an 02, that's likely to be a 12200411. The pins to connect in the first post will get you rolling in the right direction. Heck it may even be pretty close on the calibration.

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, it is the 411. I'll be sure to try this when I get back to CA.

You are using HP Tuners to change things with your computer. Would you mind explaining what I need to buy so that I can make changes myself? I originally was not going to bother with tuning myself and just let someone else set things up for me. But since getting the Tahoe back on the road we moved to an area where I do not have to deal with smogging. Now it's time to play with cams and turbos and whatever else we choose to do.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Yes, it is the 411. I'll be sure to try this when I get back to CA.

You are using HP Tuners to change things with your computer. Would you mind explaining what I need to buy so that I can make changes myself? I originally was not going to bother with tuning myself and just let someone else set things up for me. But since getting the Tahoe back on the road we moved to an area where I do not have to deal with smogging. Now it's time to play with cams and turbos and whatever else we choose to do.
When I bought the HPTuners setup some 5 years ago it came with 8 credits, which in the case of the GMT400 and 800 trucks, meant you could do 4 vehicles before having to buy more credits. But a lot has changed since then lol. I don't know what's included anymore, but you can still buy the tuner hardware from HPT's website. The software is free to download.

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The hardware is the piece that plugs into the OBDII port?

Every time I want to change the tune on the same vehicle I need to buy credits? It's not a buy it and change the tune as many times as I want?

Or I can change the tune on up to 4 vehicles as many times as I want with the 8 credits?

Hopefully that made sense.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The hardware is the piece that plugs into the OBDII port? Yes.

Every time I want to change the tune on the same vehicle I need to buy credits? It's not a buy it and change the tune as many times as I want?

Or I can change the tune on up to 4 vehicles as many times as I want with the 8 credits?

Hopefully that made sense.
Second option is true. God, I can't imagine the uproar if you had to pay $100 every time you wanted to make a slight change :rofl: