Homemade torsion bar relocators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blahblahblar

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I think the piece I made 5.5" center to center of the hex but still looks like it needs and 1.5 more. Do we know of anybody the site that has one I could message? 1.5" stainless isn't so cheap so trying to cut a few as possible.

camaroman101

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I think the piece I made 5.5" center to center of the hex but still looks like it needs and 1.5 more. Do we know of anybody the site that has one I could message? 1.5" stainless isn't so cheap so trying to cut a few as possible.

No problem, do you have a driver and passenger side? They are angled different from each other. Also I'm not sure how strong 304 stainless steel is or what grade steel was used in the originals but they had a few failures when they received the wrong grade of steel. These bars are under a whole lot of pressure. Read attempt #3 http://realiftsusp.com/Realifthistorytorsionbardesigns.html

Blahblahblar

Reaction score
Il have to do some research about steel grades especially for the hex shaft going into the lower control arm. I do have a driver and passenger side piece, just have to lessen the angle I had for them on the first cut.

Blahblahblar

Reaction score
So it looks like I have the right length and angles now. It has around 1/2" clearance from the trans cross member, even with the arm jacked all the way to the bump stop still had good clearance. I think the next step would be to decide what metal/grade to use and definitely put some extra material around the hex shapes.

You must be registered for see images attach