holley has street fire distributor on clearance this weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

only $83 plus tax and shipping

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the same for SBC and BBC right? Just making sure
Delphi CZ20008 / AC Delco (reman) 88864773 for small block
Delphi CZ20005 / AC Delco (reman) 19179576 for big block and the AC Delco is "subject to core availability"

We've discussed it here in the past and I'm a little embarrassed I don't know why the Vortec small and big blocks have different distributors, but they do. I forget if someone nailed what the difference is.

However, according to Holley, the vehicle compatibility chart shows that particular part # 55923 fitting Vortec 5.0, 5.7, and 7.4.

Richard

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the same for SBC and BBC right? Just making sure
We've discussed it here in the past and I'm a little embarrassed I don't know why the Vortec small and big blocks have different distributors, but they do. I forget if someone nailed what the difference is.
The plastic-bodied, OEM distributors are different. Small-blocks are "normal", the big-block distributor has a different gear at the bottom, shorter I think, to make room for the Thermal Washer.

First Guess: The temp of the 7.4L gets high enough in some circumstances to warp or otherwise damage the plastic housing. The Thermal Washer somehow shields the distributor housing from the heat.

I have no idea how important this would be with the aftermarket aluminum housing--although Summit and others sell (or used to sell) a different part-number aluminum distributor specifically for the 7.4L.

However, according to Holley, the vehicle compatibility chart shows that particular part # 55923 fitting Vortec 5.0, 5.7, and 7.4.
That web page and the Holley instructions specifically call this a "Small-block" distributor.
The Street Fire Vortec small block distributor must be properly indexed when installed. The cam and crank sensors must be within 2 deg to be properly synched.
and
Vortec GM Small-Block V8 Distributor PN 5592/55923

The Summit small-block Vortec distributor is currently $177; and the one for the 7.4L is $195. But these are all Chinese knockoffs.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's also this for the V6 and 5.0L Vortec pickups:

www.holley.com/products/clearance_parts/parts/2010022

Or for '94--'95 TBI pickups, V6 or small-block V8.
www.holley.com/products/clearance_parts/parts/2010021

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That web page and the Holley instructions specifically call this a "Small-block" distributor.
It does indeed say "small block" but only on this one line of "tech resources" - "The Street Fire Vortec small block distributor must be properly indexed when installed. The cam and crank sensors must be within 2 deg to be properly synched."

If you scroll down to the applications under "Does this fit my vehicle?" you get:

You must be registered for see images attach

But yeah, what you said about the OEM distributors I do vaguely recall.

Richard

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thermal washer stuff was the only reasoning I could find when I was looking into this for my dually. It has a 5.0/5.7 aluminum body dizzy that I had on the shelf in it an is running fine. Side by side with the oe plastic one they were the same length, gears looked the same, all the electronics were in the same location so I used it an have had no issues. It was just a body though (I used the parts for other vehicles over the years) so I had to swap everything electronic over from the oe one but it all fit with no issues.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! Is Holley going out of business? They're selling coils for my Mustang for $7 a piece! Where was that six months ago? I bought NGKs from RockAuto for about $25 a pop! That would have saved me $130. They have some very nice wheels for $150 a pop.

Take the time to plug your truck in and see what else they have for sale.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they also have small green
Holy crap! Is Holley going out of business? They're selling coils for my Mustang for $7 a piece! Where was that six months ago? I bought NGKs from RockAuto for about $25 a pop! That would have saved me $130. They have some very nice wheels for $150 a pop.

small green obs truck tee for only $2, no other sizes or colors unfortunately

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

For early GMT400's I don't see a whole lot of screaming deals in the clearance items, although a few stand out -

If you like the fabricated style aluminum valve covers:
Small block $207 -> $58.58
Big block $187 -> $52.90 but appear to already be out ("notify me when available")

Flowtech Y-pipe (small block) $249 -> $82.30

Quicktime 153 tooth flexplate $118 -> $32.48

Hays big block 153 tooth billet SFI flywheels $457 -> $184.93

A few designs of the Rocket wheels are marked down substantially, others not so much. Subject to taste..

Richard