Holley ECU and stock A/C question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt327

Reaction score
I'm using a Holley Terminator X Max for my 6.0 swap into my 96 C1500 ECSB. I'll be removing the ECM which means my AC wires have nowhere to go. My plan is to use 2 relays that are normally closed. Run the AC request pin into one relay, out to the next relay and then on to the OEM compressor relay. The low pressure and cycling switches will send ground signals to the relays to shutdown the compressor. In addition the Holley ECU will send a ground signal to one of the relays to shutdown AC when rpm is high or WOT. I've still got to integrate fan control with this.

Am I on the right track? This is the deepest dive I've made into modifying automotive wiring. I've included a poorly drawn schematic of my plan. Let me know what you think and if there are any changes I can make to do this a better way.

You must be registered for see images attach

Matt327

Reaction score
I screwed up. It looks like I'm powering the AC relay coil from both sides. I'll rewrite the schematic.