Hobbs 96 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
She's been upgraded a little.
the CNG tank cover.

Last edited:

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wish I had those other switch's also.
back when it had the factory cng bumper BTW it came without an air dam from the factory and with tow hooks.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
back when it had the factory cng bumper BTW it came without an air dam from the factory and with tow hooks.
Thanks for posting the photos! There isn’t a ton of information out there on these trucks. The guy I got the switch from sent me a photo of the gauge cluster-looked like any other gasser cluster if I recall.

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're looking for other switches, I have a spare FOG switch I would be willing to let go. I can even source a double switch bezel if needed

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the photos! There isn’t a ton of information out there on these trucks. The guy I got the switch from sent me a photo of the gauge cluster-looked like any other gasser cluster if I recall.
Your welcome. No I have looked all over for information on them and found very little. I did get a gm tech service manual specifically for the cng trucks from 97-98 it is were helpful. I can only find pictures of them when they are being sold online.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
And I finally found the last piece I needed for my switch collection. The elusive CNG gasoline switch. Many thanks to @GMC Burbalade for the help on that one.

I just realized...that the ID bar is upside down in this pic, I think. The beveled corner should be up for tailgate swing/clearance. :D

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just realized...that the ID bar is upside down in this pic, I think. The beveled corner should be up for tailgate swing/clearance. :D
You are correct. It kept flopping down for photo purposes. I also neglected to include my two 88-94 fog switches (1 black, 1 gray).