Hid projector retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great! Do you have any pictures of downroad vision? Do they shine further then the same HID did in your refractor housing? I've did rediculous amounts of research on projectors, and have also decided on the Moro H1's for my 94'! My biggest concern is the downroad vision with the high beams! Also your running 35W ballast's correct?

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I tried to take some pics of it but my phone camera doesn't do a justice....hid with reflector was nothing compared to hid with projectors.

I will try to take some pics with a better camera but the output is definitly a lot better. Yeah Im using some generic 35w eBay ballasts but they have shown
To be pretty reliable and have good output....planning on moving up to the morimoto 3fives.

If your really worried about the his being not bright enough you could put hids in the hi beams with the four hi mod along with bixenons

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I tried to take some pics of it but my phone camera doesn't do a justice....hid with reflector was nothing compared to hid with projectors.

I will try to take some pics with a better camera but the output is definitly a lot better. Yeah Im using some generic 35w eBay ballasts but they have shown
To be pretty reliable and have good output....planning on moving up to the morimoto 3fives.

If your really worried about the his being not bright enough you could put hids in the hi beams with the four hi mod along with bixenons

Thanks for the input! I personally think that there is not that big of difference in HID's in the aftermarket. I'm also running a set of 5000K 35W Xentrec HID's in my high beams AND low beams, along with my 4-High and my true Heavy Duty Headlight Harness. I have driven several vehicles with true projectors and the light output is far superior of a refractor/reflector based design, BUT I have not had any first hand experience with the Mini H1's! When I do this, I plan on running 55W VVME ballasts and 4300K H1 bulbs for the projectors. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some more pictures of your set up! Looks like you did a great job man!

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I know I'm grave digging this but I'd like some more updated info on the acura projectors as far as generation and stuff as well as more info on how to improve the cutoff and the color mod mentioned above. I've come head on with many newer vehicles with HIDs in projectors and the color varies between blue and halogen yellow when they hit bumps. Is this just due to the projector??

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would dig some square projectors that are coming out now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
P.s. Thinking about just bolting in some led bars for headlights would look so legit :D haha

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know I'm grave digging this but I'd like some more updated info on the acura projectors as far as generation and stuff as well as more info on how to improve the cutoff and the color mod mentioned above. I've come head on with many newer vehicles with HIDs in projectors and the color varies between blue and halogen yellow when they hit bumps. Is this just due to the projector??

There is a color difference right at the cut off point of HID Projectors. That is why you might see a few different colors.

You must be registered for see images

The trouble with any projector retro and this platform is getting them to fit inside the headlight house. Unless someone has released a smaller profile projector it is not a simple install.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I realize that. Im waiting to get a new daily before I try to tackle this.

How do I eliminate the color change and/or make it the color I want.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I realize that. Im waiting to get a new daily before I try to tackle this.

How do I eliminate the color change and/or make it the color I want.

Well ur actually getting every color
I do not know a way to refract back the colors to get just "white" clear light, versus rainbow.
Somehow put plastidip around the edge of the projector glass lense so u just get "clear" light

Jake Boise

Reaction score
Nice!! I'm looking into doing this in my 98. I pretty much have everything down. I biggest thought/fear is over cutting the shrouds.my question is do you have any pictures or advice (besides cutting a little at a time)? More like where to cut? Any input is helpful. Thanks