Hex bit storage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've got small sets of hex bits, larger sets, and random individual bits. I have mutiples of many I'm sure. I'd like to be able to store them in one handy spot.... portable, not on a bench or in a rolling toolbox. I'd like to be able to grab them and go.

How do you store yours? What have you seen out there forsale that would recommend?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe a fishing tackle box? I just have mine in one of the drawers of my tool box.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use one of these in my personal toolbox, but can easily be used to set on a bench to easily grab. The base is magnetic, and holds small bits easily upside down, but hex-to-square drive adapters, and extensions fall out due to the weight. The magnet isnt super powerful, but it works.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought you were talking about Allen wrenches (hex bits), my bad! I recently bought this Bosch set up at Lowe's.

It's small but I just loaded one bit for each size and put the rest in my tool box.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I thought you were talking about Allen wrenches (hex bits), my bad! I recently bought this Bosch set up at Lowe's.

I've heard people call Allen wrenches, Hex keys, but never hex bits. Your setup looks really nice. Mine have all been purchased separately and at different times/places/brands.... stuff I've collected over the years, some of which is contained in a zip lock bag.

Treble

Reaction score
I've tried to contain all my drill chucks and bits, but its nearly an impossible task. In my tool bags, in the back of the d-max.I have other plastic cases with chucks and bits similar to what TBI posted

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use one of these in my personal toolbox, but can easily be used to set on a bench to easily grab. The base is magnetic, and holds small bits easily upside down, but hex-to-square drive adapters, and extensions fall out due to the weight. The magnet isnt super powerful, but it works.
I have a red one like that on my toolbox in addition to the Dewalt that I use for outside the shop.
I have a metal Sucrets lozenge box in my screwdriver drawer for some specialty bits.

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a red one like that on my toolbox in addition to the Dewalt that I use for outside the shop.
I have a metal Sucrets lozenge box in my screwdriver drawer for some specialty bits.
I was unfortunately suckered into buying mine off of the MATCO truck before I really knew about them being out there much cheaper. But hey! Who knew a 'Matco' label was worth $35???

But i ended up using that one for my toolbox at work, and i have one loaded with bits in my truck box, and one more at the house. I like them honestly

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard people call Allen wrenches, Hex keys, but never hex bits.
Yeah, I know - it was just a brain fart on my part. lol. In another drawer I have little compartments with a bunch of bits I can use for replacements when these get dull or broken.