Helper Bags Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey everyone. Fairly simple question. Bought the truck lowered 4/6 and it came with helper bags. They have always slightly leaked since I got it but now they hardly pump up. After inspection, there are all sorts of cracks and some pinholes. Needless to say, they need to be replaced. With that said, I have no clue what brand they are as there are no markings of any kind that I can see. What do i purchase to replace these? What Brand? What size? Weight capacity? Are the threaded fittings standard sizes? If not, does that mean I have to rip these out and figure out thread sizes? I would prefer to remove and replace at the same time if possible.

What I do know is the gauges and pump are Hellwig so I assume the bags are too but again cannot tell. I could care less if it gets replaced with the same brand that is in there now. I just want them to fit and function.

BTW, I let the axel sag all the way and the bags in their fully extended position was about 10.5" from mount to mount.

What are my options here? Thanks!

DJackson1357

Reaction score
Can you take some pictures of the spring and upload? Typically the label is on the top plate which is covered by the bracket once installed.

Kustombuilt1911

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had a similar issue with the helpers on my tahoe. Mine happen to be made by firestone & like DJ says above the part # was cast into the aluminum plate under a sticker. Just looked up the part number & double checked the overall length. Holding air now & good to go.

You must be registered for see images attach

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry about that. I had taken a few pics but havn't had to post pics since photobucket went to paid.... Anyway, just signed up for imgur. Here ya go.

That kinda sucks I have to remove them to HOPEFULLY see a marking. I guess it makes sense tho cuz im sure any markings or stickers on the side would wear off over time. I was really hoping not to have to remove them before ordering. Any ideas on these?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had taken a few pics but havn't had to post pics since photobucket went to paid.... Anyway, just signed up for imgur. Here ya go.
I don't do that, all I do is click on the red button below, "Upload a File" and scroll to my saved pictures on my laptop's hard drive, double click on the one I want, and once it uploads I click on full size image instead of Thumbnail.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't do that, all I do is click on the red button below, "Upload a File" and scroll to my saved pictures on my laptop's hard drive, double click on the one I want, and once it uploads I click on full size image instead of Thumbnail.

That does work, but just FYI there is a limit to how many images you can post/host directly on the forum here. Eventually you'll hit a point where you need to delete past images if you want to post any more. Which is why a dedicated free image host like Imgur comes in handy, they have no limits on the amount of images you can host.

DJackson1357

Reaction score
From the pictures it looks pretty similar to a Firestone spring, could be wrong though. The cap looks similar to what KustomBuilt posted so I cross referenced that and found a few part numbers but need some more info. Can you remove the piston (lower mount) and see if there is a drawing or part number?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eventually you'll hit a point where you need to delete past images if you want to post any more. Which is why a dedicated free image host like Imgur comes in handy, they have no limits on the amount of images you can host.
Thanks, I didn't know that! I guess I'd better look into joining Imgur. Sorry about derailing this thread.

Kustombuilt1911

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look extremely close to the firestone bags on my ride. In fact if you can't find any part number/manufacturer's info I'd bet good money you could replace them with the bags I bought. Look up Firestone part # NBD 10010 & compare the spec's to your bags.

DJackson1357

Reaction score
Just to clarify, NBD-10010 is just the cap drawing number. That cap is used in a few different air springs. If the piston drawing number could be provided also I should be able to find the spring.