Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerry mize

Reaction score
Swapped engine in my 97 now it will not tach over 2200 any ideas

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
It's not skipping runs great just want tach up
So, a 97 with an engine swap from 4.3, 5.0, 5.7, 7.4 to ____? It won't rev past 2200 or tach isn't reading above 2200 while engine is revving beyond? What was the engine swapped for, time for rebuild, existing issues prior to swap, upgraded engine?

I'm not much help on diagnosis but some additional background information will be needed for anyone to provide much help here.

jerry mize

Reaction score
5.7 to 5.7 old engine slung a rod I found a deal on one with under 100k so I purched the truck yanked the engine and installed into my baby runs great doest skip or miss just want rev

jerry mize

Reaction score
It's like the peddle is going working fine just has no reaction

jerry mize

Reaction score
Swapped engine with low milage engine new engine will not respond over 2200 rpm I can't even hit passing gear there is no obstruction s to throttle everything. Is moving fine

jerry mize

Reaction score
I still have the throttle body from first engine so you think I should just swap them and see what happens I didn't swap any of my old parts to new engine because I believe that my idea to upgrade everything before helped with slinging the rod to much rpm

jerry mize

Reaction score
Thank you for manual link though I will print and add to my archives

jerry mize

Reaction score
I have all the old engine parts I didn't reuse anything because most parts were aftermarket and above stoke figured they helped with slin the rod out of #5 I'll try switching the whole throttle and let you know also I appreciate the link I'll print out and add to my archives