Help with radio wiring colors for ‘98 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric Dukes

Reaction score
Help. Anyone have a radio wiring schematic for the 98 1500. Can’t find the wires for the radio in the Haynes manual and the wires are faded to where it’s hard to tell which is which color.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're installing an aftermarket radio? Is the factory radio connector already hacked off? If not, I'd recommend just buying the appropriate harness adapter and wiring to that. They'll provide you with a wiring diagram.

If it is, you might be able to find the pinout and/or wire colors in the '98 factory service manuals. You can download them here for free.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/88-98-service-manuals.43575/

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1st choice, stock unmolested harness? Go with adapter plug, gm connector to iso standard plug for aftermarket radio. GM plug cut off, missing. Get the service manual has wiring diagrams. Wire faded, use some 409, or mineral spirits, bring color to life.

Eric Dukes

Reaction score
After several hours of using a test light to find which wires are which and ohm meter to figure out which speaker wire went where and soldering on a new factory harness with heat shrink I now have a working radio in the 98. Thank you all for your help!