Help with positive camber adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I'm looking for some opinions on what to do to get my camber closer to being straight on my 2wd 1998 chevy c1500. I installed 3" coil spacers, 4" lift shackles, aftermarket control arms up front. I also replaced all the ball joints and tie rod ends. I've already punched out the tabs for adjusting the upper control arms further. I adjusted the upper control arms all the way in. I also installed 2" ball joint spacers thinking this would fix the problem but still is way out. It seemed like it was straight when I didn't have the ball joint spacers but the control arms were resting on the frame. So I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with this problem and maybe give me some insight? Maybe I should have gotten the 1" spacers instead of 2" or if I should just cut my down a half inch. Please let me know I'd like to get this thing done with and driving straight down the road

Attachments

• 20221204_154138.jpg
    20221204_154138.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20221204_154149.jpg
    20221204_154149.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20221204_154149.jpg
    20221204_154149.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 37

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have experience in this. My full time day job is adjusting ride height and aligning modified vehicles, but I need to know where you're starting from.
Please post the alignment printout before I put my foot in my mouth with a suggestion.

Reaction score
I have experience in this. My full time day job is adjusting ride height and aligning modified vehicles, but I need to know where you're starting from.
Please post the alignment printout before I put my foot in my mouth with a suggestion.
Well I havnt taken it into an alignment shop because I was just trying to get the positive camber figured out or I would just be wasting my money I feel. I punched out the factory piece that was on the frame where the cam bolts go through so I could adjust the upper control arms to try and fix it but the top part of the tires are angled outwards still.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Speciality Products makes an offset bushing for the upper control arms. Installed they could give you an extra degree or so, but you'll need to check for inner clearance.
I installed a set to get additional positive caster on my Yukon. Once I lifted it, I lost a ton and the truck would wander, worse when I had my snow plow raised for travel.

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that picture taken with the front tires on the ground? Did you remove the knockouts from both front and rear mounting tabs?
And is that a bulge in the tire sidewall?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You imply new control arms, but they look like they have been on there a while. Offset bushings might be a solution. I'll ask, not only the camber is an issue, but what's been done to correct the steering linkage geometry so you don't end up with hella bumpsteer issues? Something needs to be done with the brake line and abs wire so they are not rubbing on stuff.