help with factory 1992 radio/EQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Not surprising. These trucks have been used as trucks, and if the roads are as worn out in the rest of north America as they are in southeast Texas, those delicate electronics and soldered connections are probably coming apart. Both my Burbs came with the 95-up AM/FM/cassette and separate CD player. The first truck 's crapped out a few years after we bought it, got it rebuilt by a Delco trained radio guy in the area that's done several radios and decks for us. The current truck's system has been acting up for a while and it finally quit working at all. So once l get a good place to tear the dashboard apart, that's getting replaced with the units that l pulled out of the other truck after it got wrecked. Also will be changing the HVAC controller and testing the blower motor then.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For whatever it's worth.... When I purchased my 1992 Silverado the radio and cassette player did not work. I purchased a known working radio and brain box. Installed it, and nothing (did not work, not a snap, crackle or pop, just like the original). Just as I was getting ready to throw the original and the replacement unit in the trash, and purchase an off the shelve,funky, put it the center of the dash unit. I decided to try an old speaker I had laying around. Touched it to the terminals on one of the dash speakers.... Out came the sound. All 4 speakers were dead.

In my case the radio was dead too clock frozen etc. I personally like the center of dash radio because for a little over 100 bucks I could get a hands free bluetooth phone along with a great radio. Many / most vehicles have a radio in the center so most folks who see the truck don't know the difference. I guess I am just not that much of a purist.

You must be registered for see images attach

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Hah, my radio died about a month ago- clock is frozen on 5:34. Need to try another amp section thing.

Yeah, most cars have the radio in the center but they don't make you feel like you're reaching clear across the country to adjust them either. I can't get over how they stick out like that either. If someone made a dash kit that widened the instrument cluster/panel such that a single din like you've got would fit, I'd be all over it. But for the time being I'll keep to my "junk" which dims with the dimmer, matches the factory color and keeps the appearance. It sounds better than the Alpine it replaced, when it worked :D