HELP!! TH400 tranny cooler lines...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It puked at least half a quart after I pulled into the driveway... it took it a day to a day and a half... all in one big puddle. Does that fit into the narrative above?
IF (big IF) it was blowing fluid out the vent, the trans would be covered in fluid, which would then drizzle down, drip off, and make a big mess.

Yeah, I think what I said previously is a possibility.

Dirtball

Reaction score
It seems unlikely that it would leak from the cooler lines sitting on your driveway. What's the story with the truck? Have you owned it for a long time? Have you towed the same boat with it before? If you just bought it perhaps it was overfilled? Did you check where the level of fluid was? What does the dipstick say?

Generally, where did the puddle appear? Near the engine, near the driveshaft, passenger side or driver side?
Passenger side under the tranny. Not overfilled. I've had it for over a year. I regularly check all of my fluids; it was in the safe zone between low and full.

Dirtball

Reaction score
IF (big IF) it was blowing fluid out the vent, the trans would be covered in fluid, which would then drizzle down, drip off, and make a big mess.

Yeah, I think what I said previously is a possibility.
It has a lot of fluid on it... and the puddle was big; like 15x18 inches or so.

509OBS

Reaction score
Reach up and put a tube on the vent line. Usually it sticks out a couple of inches on the top pass side. 1/4 inch id tubing into a plastic water bottle. Wire tie as best you can and put a load and some heat in the trans.