Help! Sweaty Balls. Compressor. Random Wires. Satan Farts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yfz450jrc

Reaction score
Help! I'm in Vegas and sweating my balls off!

I have a 94 GMC Yukon 2 door. I've been searching threads to diy-agnose my ac system not working. The compressor clutch isn't engaging so I checked the fuse inside. I could not see any relays, so I assume there are none?

Buuut, then I find the random wire not connected to anything. What the randomness? Any chance this goes to the compressor somewhere? I couldn't see it in any diagrams. And I couldn't see any ports for it. Does the compressor just have the one set of wires coming into the back?

If it doesn't go into the compressor, where in Sam Hell does it go?

Truck runs fantastic, despite feeling like Satan's fart is blowing in my face when turn the ac on, so I can't imagine the wire went to anything "important". Just want to see if I can get this AC figured out.
You must be registered for see images attach

Any help would be appreciated.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much pressure is in the a/c system? Compressor not running, high-side and low-side will be the same. Compressor running, you might have something like 30--50 psi on the low-side, and ~300+ on the high-side.

I don't see a wire connecting to the compressor clutch. Maybe that's what you're holding in your hand.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That damn sure looks the same as my AC clutch connector on my Vortec trucks. There's likely a reason someone disconnected it. On my '88, the compressor dragged hard and I'd unplug it over the winter so it wouldn't cycle on defrost.

Yfz450jrc

Reaction score
How much pressure is in the a/c system? Compressor not running, high-side and low-side will be the same. Compressor running, you might have something like 30--50 psi on the low-side, and ~300+ on the high-side.

I don't see a wire connecting to the compressor clutch. Maybe that's what you're holding in your hand.
I bought one of those recharge kits from auto zone and it was 0. I replaced the schrader valve on the low port and it is hanging out around 55 psi after adding freon.

I'm wonder if that wire is supposed to go to the clutch. But where does it plug in? All the ones Ive seen come in from up top. Maybe it's on the bottom?

Yfz450jrc

Reaction score
That damn sure looks the same as my AC clutch connector on my Vortec trucks. There's likely a reason someone disconnected it. On my '88, the compressor dragged hard and I'd unplug it over the winter so it wouldn't cycle on defrost.
Ok. That must be it. Don't they usually plug in from up top? Wonder if this one is on the bottom.

So there must be a wire for the compressor and another for the clutch?

My Dad is the original owner. I know he didn't unplug it, but it does have a replacement motor. Perhaps it was left off after the rebuild. I'll reach around this sucker and see if I can a place it plugs in.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's another pic

Hmmm, I wounder if you're missing the clutch coil since the connector's gone? Or maybe clocked wrong when assembled?

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After a 3 year dispute with the AC on mine I have determined to just spend money getting the AC fixed properly and let it drive THEM crazy with warranty service if it fails to behave. I have gotten several returns out of mine thus far.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take a photo standing by battery, RT front tire looking at compressor from side, female plug should be on the top between 11 and 1 oclock near compressor body.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Help! I'm in Vegas and sweating my balls off!

I have a 94 GMC Yukon 2 door. I've been searching threads to diy-agnose my ac system not working. The compressor clutch isn't engaging so I checked the fuse inside. I could not see any relays, so I assume there are none?

Buuut, then I find the random wire not connected to anything. What the randomness? Any chance this goes to the compressor somewhere? I couldn't see it in any diagrams. And I couldn't see any ports for it. Does the compressor just have the one set of wires coming into the back?

If it doesn't go into the compressor, where in Sam Hell does it go?

Truck runs fantastic, despite feeling like Satan's fart is blowing in my face when turn the ac on, so I can't imagine the wire went to anything "important". Just want to see if I can get this AC figured out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 16283833690251509668767.jpg
    16283833690251509668767.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 12