Help on 8 lug conversion on my c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a '93 Silverado and my plans for it in the future include 10 lug semi wheels that I will have to run adapters for. My question is what all do I need to convert from 5 lug to 8 lug and is there any drop kits that will still fit in my truck after I do the conversion? I will be using 8 lug rallys for a while

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So assuming you're doing a dually conversion to your 1500?

8 lug (whether 2500 or 3500) spindles don't directly bolt to 1500 control arms, upper ball joint is different. You could redrill the bolt pattern for the ball joint but since the 2500-3500 upper arms are better (forged) just swap to those. They bolt right onto the frame.

8 lug rear axle bolts right in as leaf spring width is same 1500-2500-3500 but what you have to decide is how you're going to solve the width issue. Semis won't fit between the dually fenders without changing something; some run a chassis cab rear because it's narrower but that will involve some other work as the width between spring packs is narrower, or some widen the dually fenders, etc. What kind of suspension setup you plan to run will come into play too, bagged, static, lifted, whatever.

Richard

Reaction score
I'm going to use my stepside bed and just tuck the dually wheels, so I'm going to have to narrow the Axle when I get the semis, for the front I just use the upper control arm, and spindles and what else? From a 2wd 2500?

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The situation you're describing sounds a little nutty to me, but that's just my opinion. Have you considered how it's really going to look once you're done?

For the front wheels to sit right you need dually hubs, so get your front end parts from a 3500 dually. The hubs have large spacers to offset the crazy amount of backspacing a dually wheel has when used in the front position.

Click the link in my signature at look at my friend Tim's regular cab/stepside half ton that he converted to a dually, using a dually donor truck. Might give you a different path to consider.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard