HELP NEEDED!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I talked to a professional transmission shop today who has seen a very similar problem and he said the valve body could be gummed up or a spring in the valve body broke

Darrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why are you thinking about putting a new transmission in already? Did you check to see if they're still in biz ? Such as drive over to see ? No answer or call back simply isn't enough and doesn't add up unless we're not getting the entire story.

Was this in a frd of a frds cousins mother's garage? If so, then good luck recovering any loss...sucks !

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It might behoove you to go there and see if they are still in business. No answer and no return call does not bode well. Maybe they had a run of bad rebuilds.
Like the shop that did mine, quick to answer and return calls until the money passed hands and then it was the sound of crickets... Made a trip there to find out that a shop of 25 yrs closed and out of business... Warranty useful for toilet paper !

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Yeah, just to echo what everyone else is saying, take the transmission to a shop and tell them to fix it the right way. If it was a buddy, get ready to burn a bridge for a new transmission (don't give him another attempt at it).

Good luck.