Help Needed with Passlock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got nothing, you guys covered everything I can think of.

My money is still on a connection issue somewhere or a fuse/relay as 618 Syndicate mentioned. Maybe a fuse blew when the battery was reconnected?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the service manual, a "statement of the obvious".

I'll get you more detail.

You must be registered for see images attach

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More detail...

These steps are methodical, you might just follow them. They basically start-off as we suggested, i.e., check the voltage at the solenoid and starter terminals / grounds.

Then they go into more detail, e.g., checking the relay and continuity of the wires (and appropriate voltages) to / from the relay and to the solenoid.

@baxterday, I emailed you these pages from the service manual, plus a few others.

Last edited:

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I am a dummy! I noticed the ground wire on the front of the motor behind the water pump. We disconnected it to unplug stuff. Your truck won't start with out it reconnected and screwed to the block. Thank you everyone, now my timing is reading 24 degrees positive. I guess I have the distributor off a few teeth?

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any secrets to getting the darn distributor in correctly? I have to pull it again and reset it, I can't change the timing with turning the distributor as I think I am off too many teeth.

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wild card option. check under dash for aftermarket alarm / starter-kill relay from a P.O.?
It has a aftermarket dvd system and some crazy wiring under the dash, I just leave it alone until I yank the system. I guess I will be pulling the distributor tomorrow and try to set it right. Showing a crank position sensor code

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I am a dummy! I noticed the ground wire on the front of the motor behind the water pump. We disconnected it to unplug stuff. Your truck won't start with out it reconnected and screwed to the block. Thank you everyone, now my timing is reading 24 degrees positive. I guess I have the distributor off a few teeth?

On the 1998 the timing is determined by the crank position sensor, not the distributor.

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is the culprit. I can't believe I am such a dummy.

Attachments

• IMG_2987.jpeg
    IMG_2987.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2986.jpeg
    IMG_2986.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 13

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the 1998 the timing is determined by the crank position sensor, not the distributor.
How do I adjust it? I know I put it in a few teeth off. We are going to pull it and do it according to the manual. It's 24 degrees advanced at the moment at 1000 rpms.