Help me identify mystery connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LostX

Reaction score
I'll start with some background about the truck. It's a 1996 k3500 silverado. The vin says it's an l29 454. The motor has been swapped with an identical l29 vortec 454 by the previous owner.

I'll start with this first connector. There are 2 wires. The colors are yellow/black and black. The color of the plug is teal blue. It is located in the vicinity of the maf, intake temp, and retractable flashlight in the engine compartment.

You must be registered for see images attach

The second mystery connector is 1 wire. The wire is red and the plug is black. It is located between the engine fuse box and the firewall. You can see it sticking out of the convoluted tubing in the pic.

nathan wegner

Reaction score
Did you figure these out? I'm sorting through all kinds of wiring done by the po on my recently bought 97 gmc k3500, L29, dually 4x4 camper model with a flat bed conversion set up with the 5th wheel deal... auto start and trailer brake wiring is a hack job. I have the same red wire with black connector just hanging out, along with a brown wire natural connected coming from cab into engine bay, assuming it's part of the lights circuit. I have my interior ripped apart and just pulled my entire headlight harness from the firewall connection forward to build a new one after I realized what the po had done to it.

eyesi

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
turn key on and test both terminals with a multimeter, if you get 5 volts ,ask to the PCM via a scanner, it is from a sensor if you found 5 volt there