Help Me Identify a Wire!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh awesome thanks. Well that actually brings up another issue I forgot about. Hazards don't flash, it only shows that both blinkers turn on but don't flash. Even with resistors in the new LEDs, I wonder if I just need to go back to stock halogen...

If you're going to stick with LEDs in the turn signals, you need to get an electronic flasher relay to replace the factory load-based flasher. I don't recall a part number for the LED flasher off of my head as I'm running stock bulbs, I'm sure someone else will chime in though.

Another thing to be aware of... If you're using the stock tail light housings with the circuit boards, you need a special type of LED called an SRCK for the middle socket even if you're using an LED flasher module. The way the sockets are wired a standard LED will not work.

Here's a link to some appropriate SRCK 3157s.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...unction-27-smd-led-tower-wedge-retrofit/3557/

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well that actually brings up another issue I forgot about. Hazards don't flash, it only shows that both blinkers turn on but don't flash.

Just re-read this and thought of another point. Are you sure you didn't have your foot on the brake pedal when you tested this? The way these trucks are designed, the brake lights override the hazards. So if your hazards are on and your foot is pressing the brake pedal, you'll see exactly what you described. Hazards will stop flashing and the dash indicators will stay solid green. Take your foot off the brake and they should start flashing again.

Steven Rath

Reaction score
Just re-read this and thought of another point. Are you sure you didn't have your foot on the brake pedal when you tested this? The way these trucks are designed, the brake lights override the hazards. So if your hazards are on and your foot is pressing the brake pedal, you'll see exactly what you described. Hazards will stop flashing and the dash indicators will stay solid green. Take your foot off the brake and they should start flashing again.
Last time I tested, the truck was in park, with foot off the break pedal. Still don't work unfortunately.

XDmToter

Reaction score
If you're going to stick with LEDs in the turn signals, you need to get an electronic flasher relay to replace the factory load-based flasher. I don't recall a part number for the LED flasher off of my head as I'm running stock bulbs, I'm sure someone else will chime in though.

Another thing to be aware of... If you're using the stock tail light housings with the circuit boards, you need a special type of LED called an SRCK for the middle socket even if you're using an LED flasher module. The way the sockets are wired a standard LED will not work.

Here's a link to some appropriate SRCK 3157s.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...unction-27-smd-led-tower-wedge-retrofit/3557/

I fixed the hyperflash in my 95 Hoe with a Novita EP36 flasher.