Hello!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LUDLOW

Reaction score
Good afternoon fellas! I purchased this truck last year in September as my second vehicle, first manual, had a bit of trouble learning how to drive stick and soon I had to put it in storage. but I was recently able to get it freed up from storage, put some historical plates on it, and finally get comfortable with the 5 speed.

You must be registered for see images attach

95' GMC Sierra long bed! not as sporty as it looks, but it's pretty fun to drive. I can't take credit for the way it's setup, I purchased it pretty much as is. and I don't have much plans for this truck, mainly focusing on keeping it nice and preserving the rust free body. general upkeep and finding a better shifter.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

it's been a blast owning this truck and it's great being in a place with so many others who enjoy this era of GM. I'm glad to be here!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:welcome:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, nice truck.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome!
Stickshift drivers are not necassarily better drivers, but they are more aware.
Have to be in the right gear for the situation, using all 4 apendages, while perfecting those shifts to be as smooth as an automatic.
Makes it harder to be sucking back that triple caramel non-fat no-foam latte, while dialing the phone or texting, & putting on make-up while checking 'the look' in the rear view mirror, all at the same time.
Not that I would personally know anything about that last part.

LUDLOW

Reaction score
Thanks guys! and yes I would say that most of the stupid things I've done on the road have been done in my automatic, it's easy to get overly confident and unaware of your surroundings. oh and speaking of that shifter;

I read your Core/Hurst topic and I immediately ordered one, and I've nearly got it installed but I was wondering which gasket sealer you used and the type of lithium you used aswell?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I used a spray lithium, but Core actually recommended a light grease or Vaseline. Don't know if that makes a diff or not.
Gasket sealer was just a high-temp RTV.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome...... Truck looks good!