Hello from the High Desert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CutterBill

Reaction score
Greetings from the High Desert of Southern California! My truck is a 1995 K2500, 454, extended cab, long bed. I bought it about a year ago from a tweaker in the local mountains who used it to haul firewood. The truck is really beat-up but… zero rust. And of course the interior is nasty… cigarette butts everywhere and the rear carpet looks like someone heaved up their lunch back there. I haven’t had any time to work on it but recently I realized that a lot of the interior parts might start becoming scarce, so I’ve been just THROWING money at RockAuto and Ebay. Once I get some of my other projects out of the way, I’ll do a full body-off refurb on it. My plan is to make it pretty much new.

As for me, old guy… retired mechanical engineer, worked aerospace my whole career. Somewhere around here I have a piece of paper that says I’m a Commercial Pilot. And another that says I’m some sort of mechanic. A&P/IA if that means anything to you. Been turning wrenches my whole life… airplanes, cars/trucks, motorcycles, boats. But I’m certainly not an expert on these trucks.

Anyway… once I get started with the resurrection of this beast, I’ll post pics of my progress.

Bill

Attachments

• Chevy Truck 1.jpg
    Chevy Truck 1.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 11